Thursday 25 April 2013

Review: Caudalie Beauty Elixir

There are quite a few reviews online about this baby, mostly raving about this product. I bought my first bottle in Dec last year, and I've been loving it! This is my 2nd bottle and I have a backup in my drawer-.-


What is it:
Part-toner, part serum mist of essential oils and plant active ingredients.

What it is formulated to do:
Smooths the skin
Tightens the pores
Provides an instant burst of radiance, as it stimulates micro circulation.

How to use it:
There are many different ways to use it. You can use it as a toner by spraying it before applying your moisturizer, you can spray it during the day to refresh your skin, or you can use it to set your makeup (which is what I usually do). I don't use it on a day-to-day basis since its rather expensive, so I save it for days when I'm going to be out for the entire day.

You can see the layer of essential oil floating in the bottle. Shake before using!
Price:
S$24 for 30ml or S$79 for 100ml at Sephora stores in Singapore. 

Texture:
Feels very light, just like your regular face mist/toner. 

Smell:
Minty, slightly herbal smell. To be honest, I didn't really like the scent when i first started using it, but it doesn't really bother me now. Plus the smell disappears in a couple of minutes.

Nozzle: 
The mist from the nozzle is very fine and it distributes the solution evenly. However, the nozzle gets wonky towards the end, so I'll recommend just getting the small bottle-imagine you're only half-way through the big bottle and your nozzle gets wonky, you're going to get big lumps of uneven mist. Furthermore, there is not much cost savings in getting the 100ml one (you save S$1-.- seriously they need to change their pricing, how to entice people to get the bigger bottle like that?!) and the small bottle is more travel friendly:)

Effect:
The product fulfills its promises
Smooths the skin-Check
Tightens pores-Check-ish?
Radiant finish-Check
Once the mist sets in nicely, I can feel that my skin became more plump and smooth. 
My theory is that when the skin is plump, it sort of pushes the ridges and valleys on your skin, to create a smooth and even surface. I don't really have big/noticeable pores, so I can't say if it really does tighten the pores, but I did notice that my face felt slightly tighter.
I've got quite dull skin, so I'm always looking for ways to get the radiant skin look. The fine mist catches onto my makeup and eliminates the powdery look from powder products (blush and face powder) creating a very natural, radiant finish. 

I would say the radiant, smooth skin effect lasts for about 4hours on my skin? i have normal skin, so it might be different for people with oily or dry skin. If you're looking for something that will drastically change the way your skin looks, well, it won't. A foundation/ bb cream will do a better job since it evens out skin tone and provides some sort of coverage. The beauty elixir, on the other hand, is like icing on the cake. It is not essential, but it definitely makes your skin look better in a subtle but noticeable way.Having said that,  I'm still on the hunt for cheaper alternatives!


Ingredient list:

Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Parfum (Fragrance)*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Potassium Alum, Glycerin*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Styrax Tonkinensis Resin Extract*, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract*, Tocopherol*, Citral*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Eugenol*.








*Origine Végétale - Plant Origin

No comments:

Post a Comment