Saturday 27 April 2013

Marina Bay Sands (MBS) Staycation

Thanks to Tien, I managed to book a room at MBS (at a super cheap rate) to celebrate my Mummy's 49th  Birthday!!! Tien was super nice, settled everything for us. I didn't need to do anything, just showed up on the day itself. Thank you babe, I love u <3.

So on the 20th, my entire family woke up for brunch at AMK. Had the legendary Char Siew Noodles there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The noodles were really super QQ, at a very affordable price of $2.50 per plate. If you want extra noodles, it will be $3.50. But i find that to be way too much*overkill*
$3.50 Char Siew Mee
The Char Siew Mee stall

The parking at MBS that day was quite bad, I think we took about 15mins before we could get a space. And we had to park at the managers' floor, because everywhere else was full! Parking cost was only $6 for 24hrs since we had the parking coupon from the hotel.

Anyhow, here's how the room looked like
Room corridor
Please take off your shoes

Our room was on the 10th floor, so the view wasn't spectacular, but it was good enough for me:)
Luckily there was an extra sofa. I slept on it that night with the extra pillow and blanket that the hotel provided. Didn't want to squeeze with my mum.

The toilet was GORGEOUS! Super big and I LOVE the bathtub. I seriously contemplated getting a bath bomb from LUSH and use it that day.
Shower area and toilet bowl in separate cubicles

MBS has stellar customer service. I had to call concierge to ask if I could remove the drinks in the fridge to make space for my Mum's cake (because the fridge at MBS has a weighing system, so if something is missing, they will have a record of it). The lady said it was okay to leave the drinks out as long as we don't consume them, so they will double check with the physical stock. And, she offered to send us a mini fridge, free of charge. 
I was super impressed man! But the mini fridge was quite weak, not very cold. Still, it was nice of them to do that.

Alas, I didn't go for a swim (by swim, i mean playing with water, i can't swim-.-) at the SkyPark, but i took some pictures for my parents. 

And my dad took some pictures of my brother. I thought they look quite cool.

After dinner, we went back to the hotel for cake!
Coconut, durian and pandan cake from Goodwood Park Hotel. Really good. I like how the coconut is the big chunky kind, instead of the usual small frilly ones. The pandan was very light, almost couldn't taste it cos of the strong durian taste.
Overall, I think for the amount I paid, it was really worthwhile!!! If i get to go again, I want to sleep on the soft fluffy bed. By myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment