Sunday 2 February 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze

I've been using Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze as my everyday eye color recently. It's a fuss-free product, and I think a lot of busy OLs will enjoy the quick and easy application! Here's a short review!

Description: 
Dare to wear our longest-lasting shadow. Our ink technology creates super-saturated color. Cream gel smoothes on for vibrant color that does not fade.
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation  
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
• Ophthalmologist-tested.  Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
Price:
I got it at a sale for just S$8! I think the usual price is S$16?

Texture:
Creamy and smooth texture which dries down quickly.

Scent:
No scent.

Packaging:
The color tattoos are housed in a glass jar with a screw on lid. The jar feels really substantial, but I think it's a bit too bulky for my taste.
Swatch:
Bad to the Bronze is a chocolate bronze color with a metallic finish. It's gorgeous as an everyday color. However, on my eyelids, the pigment doesn't really stand out because I have sightly darker eyelids #dark circles. I need to apply 2 layers of the eyeshadow in order for the color to show up.
What I like:
  • Highly pigmented eye color. Therefore, a little goes a long way. Even though I have to apply 2 layers of the product of my lids, I still think it will take me forever to use up the entire pot.
  • Fuss-free application. No tools required-I just need to dip my finger into the pot and apply the color directly to my eyelids. What's amazing is that the color naturally looks darker at my crease area, so it looks as though I actually made the effort to apply a crease color when all I did was to slap on the color tattoo.
  • Good lasting power. I can't attest for the 24hr claim, but for daily office wear, it's more than enough.
What can be improved:
  • Color. Personally, I would prefer Bad to the Bronze to be slightly warmer, I think that will make it stand out more on my skin tone.
  • Packaging. It will be better if they could condense the product into a smaller jar, so that it's travel friendly and easier to store!
  • Price point? I personally wouldn't have bought the product at it's full price. S$16 is quite pricey for just one eyeshadow color.
Overall, I really like how effortless it is to apply it in the morning. We could all do with extra 5min of sleep am I not right? I don't think I'll be purchasing more colors from the current range since there are only a few neutral shades, unless they come up with something similar to Stila's Kitten!

No comments:

Post a Comment